Business & Industrial Sites
A. This site is located in the Helena Harbor Industrial Park off Arkansas State Highway 20, six miles south of the city of Helena. Owned and managed by the Helena/West Helena/Phillips County Port Authority, Helena Harbor has two and one-fourth miles of a nine-foot wide channel with a turning basin and fleeting space, just off the Mississippi River. The site is protected by the main levee with barge docking available directly adjacent to the sites.
Woodruff Electric Company has a substation in the Helena Harbor Park. The city of Helena has a 16-inch water main on site, and there is a one million-gallon water tank to be constructed in the park. The Park has in place a 10″ 800 PSI gas line, rail, and a 60 ton crane.
B. The Helena/West Helena Industrial Park is served by the Arkansas Midland Railroad. All utilities are in place with natural gas provided by CenterPoint Energy and electricity by Woodruff Electric.
The site is adjacent to State Highway 242 which connects with U.S. 49 less than one mile away.
C. Located just minutes northwest of Helena/West Helena, Thompson-Robbins Field offers more than 100 acres of industrial sites immediately adjacent to the taxiways. CenterPoint Energy provides natural gas, and Entergy provides electricity.
The State sales tax rate in Arkansas is 6.5 percent. Exemptions from sales tax for manufacturers are as follows:
- Property which becomes a recognizable, integral part of property manufactured, compounded, processed, or assembled for resale.
- Machinery and equipment used directly in manufacturing which are purchased for a new or expanding manufacturing facility or to replace existing machinery or equipment.
- Machinery and equipment required by Arkansas law to be purchased for air or water pollution control.
The real and personal property taxes (assuming a 20% assessment ratio) are:
- Slackwater Industrial Park 44.8 millage rate
- Helena – $10.32 per $1,000 of market value, respectively
- West Helena – $10.24 per $1,000 of market value, respectively
For information on labor for the Phillips Country area, log on to www.memphisuperregion.com. The service is free, you simply need to create a user name and password.